Kathleen from Athlone Library recently showed us how to make a wonderful cheesecake over on facebook. If you are interested the video and full recipe are below. Don’t forget to check out all the wonderful baking and cooking ebooks you can download now with your library card & BorrowBox. We also have new digital magazines every month that’ll provide lots of inspiration and tips for all you home chefs out there.
- 1½ tubs of vanilla ice-cream
- 1 pk of soft cheese – any brand
- 16 Digestive biscuits
- 2 tb spoons of butter /margarine or enough to bind your biscuits together
- 2 pks of raspberry jelly
- Melt the butter/margarine and coat the crushed biscuits for the base; melt the jelly with a ½ cup of water, bring to the boil and allow to cool.
- Beat the ice cream and cheese for about 5 minutes. Then add the cooled jelly to your ice cream and cheese mix, pour into the cheesecake tin over your biscuit base.
- Make your design in top with a knife or use your own design.
- Put in fridge to set for 1 hour. When removing from tin use a knife to go round the edges to loosen it from the tin, give a little shake and gently remove the surrounding tin.